I am sure I am the last one to do this craft with their kids. My eight year old stayed home today and we had fun making the ornaments. It was a very easy recipe. Mix 1 and 1/2 cups of salt with 4 cups of flour. Then gradually add 1 and 1/2 cups of water. Knead until it no longer falls apart. Make your project and allow it to dry for about 2 days. Paint. Project is complete!! Share any of your crafty ideas!!
4 comments:
the only "craft" we've done so far is the Christmas chain (I don't think that even counts!). We definitely need to see pictures of the completed art :)
I did find a good website with free craft ideas: www.awesomemoms.com
You are such a good mom!
I really should do more crafts with Courtney. I'm going to copy this recipe down. Thanks for sharing it! :)
Thanks for the recipe! We purchased "clay" ornaments at Hobby Lobby to paint yesterday for 29 cents! They were half off : )
I have scheduled a craft a day for Christmas Break. I'm going to add your clay recipe to the schedule. Here is one project we are attempting:
Cone Trees - take sturdy scrapbook paper & roll into a cone shape & staple. Then choose Christmas wrapping paper & decoupage on the cone. Then embellish w/glitter, pom-poms, other paper, whatever! Group in threes or fours & it makes a cute display!
Post a Comment